Tal Farlow's house
thomas
2012-10-30 01:00:43 UTC
Photos of Tal Farlow's house:

http://tinyurl.com/963ego5
van
2012-10-30 01:19:24 UTC
Photos of Tal Farlow's house: http://tinyurl.com/963ego5
It's probably underwater right now.
thomas
2012-10-30 01:41:31 UTC
Post by van
Photos of Tal Farlow's house: http://tinyurl.com/963ego5
It's probably underwater right now.
Yeah, that's why I was thinking about it and looked it up. Three feet of water in the streets of Sea Bright on last report.
thomas
2012-10-31 13:35:00 UTC
Post by thomas
Post by van
Photos of Tal Farlow's house: http://tinyurl.com/963ego5
It's probably underwater right now.
Yeah, that's why I was thinking about it and looked it up. Three feet of water in the streets of Sea Bright on last report.
Jersey shore--holy crap! Sea Bright got slammed. Everything was flooded at least to the first floor, three to four feet of sand all over everything. If Tal's house didn't get swept away, it's certainly severely damaged, and probably totaled. There is no way they'll get $700K for it now. A Tal Farlow historian should archive those photos I linked before the listing gets taken down. You can't sell a house that's not there any more.

BTW, how did Tal manage to happen into such a sweet little retirement situation at such a young age? It doesn't seem like sign-painting would support it. Did he have some family money, or his wife?
TD
Wealthy wife.
jimmybruno
2012-10-31 16:51:38 UTC
Post by TD
Post by thomas
Post by thomas
Post by van
[...]
If you are old enough to remember the comedian Jack E Leonard, Tal
married his ex wife.
TD
hhehhehehe Jimmy!! I think you meant Alan J Lerner (Lerner @ Lowe).
thomas
2012-10-31 23:55:03 UTC
Post by jimmybruno
If you are old enough to remember the comedian Jack E Leonard, Tal
married his ex wife.
So, you'd have to give up ever playing a Lerner & Loewe song ever again, in exchange for retiring to the beach in your 40s with nothing to do but practice guitar while looking out your picture window across the water? I think I'd take that deal.

So what if your wife unexpectedly comes home early one day, and catches you blowing on "Almost Like Being in Love"? You'd be all like "No baby, it was 'Day by Day', I swear. I was just stretching out on the form a little, honest sugar!"
unknown
2012-11-01 11:25:26 UTC
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:55:03 -0700 (PDT), thomas
Post by thomas
Post by jimmybruno
If you are old enough to remember the comedian Jack E Leonard, Tal
married his ex wife.
So, you'd have to give up ever playing a Lerner & Loewe song ever again, in exchange for retiring to the beach in your 40s with nothing to do but practice guitar while looking out your picture window across the water? I think I'd take that deal.
So what if your wife unexpectedly comes home early one day, and catches you blowing on "Almost Like Being in Love"? You'd be all like "No baby, it was 'Day by Day', I swear. I was just stretching out on the form a little, honest sugar!"
Tina Farlow had previously been married to Alan Lerner's musical
partner Frederick (Fritz) Loewe. Loewe had made serious money out of
Brigadoon and other musicals.

Guy
o***@hotmail.com
2012-10-30 01:39:32 UTC
Photos of Tal Farlow's house: http://tinyurl.com/963ego5
My last memories of that house was with Tal and Lenny Jamming in the
living room and on the deck :-(

Bg
g***@videotron.ca
2012-11-04 21:04:02 UTC
In '97 I spent some time there w Tal several visits and He told me "I paid more for my car recently than we did for this house"
Tina knew and loved the area from her time with Fredrick Loewe because there was a racetrack nearby and Loewe loved the horses according to Tal.
I remember the above well but I also think Tal told me the weather damaged his boat and veranda/dock that is seen in the film. When I was there it was gone.
Many wall street people lived in the area at the time and in fact there was a ferry to Wall st and quite a few houses had helo pads on the lawn so the "financial services" people didn't have to worry about traffic getting into the city.
g***@videotron.ca
2012-11-04 21:24:52 UTC
I just checked out the photos and the place has been renovated considerably since the time I speak of. I hope the house survived.
Greg
Nick Drake
2023-06-18 15:54:53 UTC
Farlow's home as it used to be, is still online somewhere (check the link below). It seems these guys should check their database from time to time...
P.S. appearingly, it was built in 1942 (according to Zillow) and, from Google Earth historic photos, it survived until 2014 (being probably damaged by hurricane Sandy in October 2012, but that can't be appreciated in those photos). It was sold at a noticeably low price in 2014 and some time later they built a much bigger house, already viewable in April 2016 in GE (likely under construction). It was in 2017 when the new building was ready.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16-Peninsula-Ave_Sea-Bright_NJ_07760_M61844-19635