Are there UK based, reasonably priced tenor guitars manufacturers?
Ottavio Caruso
2023-06-19 11:06:41 UTC
As per title.

Local 2nd hand market of tenor guitar is non-existent.

Alternatively, is it worth sending a scavenged short scale guitar to a
semi-pro luthier (read: local guitar shop with minimal setup skills) and
have nut and bridge changed to 4 strings?

Local Cash Converters/cash generators are chock full of unwanted short
scale (6 string) guitars for £20-50 a piece and a setup is needed anyway.

Thanks.
Ottavio Caruso
gtr
2023-06-20 02:28:11 UTC
On Jun 19, 2023 at 4:06:41 AM PDT, "Ottavio Caruso"
Post by Ottavio Caruso
As per title.
Local 2nd hand market of tenor guitar is non-existent.
Alternatively, is it worth sending a scavenged short scale guitar to a
semi-pro luthier (read: local guitar shop with minimal setup skills) and
have nut and bridge changed to 4 strings?
Local Cash Converters/cash generators are chock full of unwanted short
scale (6 string) guitars for £20-50 a piece and a setup is needed anyway.
Thanks.
Your choice is your own, but it doesn't seem to be that you would get a real
tenor guitar or the "tenor guitar experience" by these attempts.

I don't know of any such manufacturers. Good luck in your quest.
JNugent
2023-07-30 20:27:53 UTC
Post by gtr
Post by Ottavio Caruso
As per title.
Local 2nd hand market of tenor guitar is non-existent.
Alternatively, is it worth sending a scavenged short scale guitar to a
semi-pro luthier (read: local guitar shop with minimal setup skills) and
have nut and bridge changed to 4 strings?
Local Cash Converters/cash generators are chock full of unwanted short
scale (6 string) guitars for £20-50 a piece and a setup is needed anyway.
Thanks.
Your choice is your own, but it doesn't seem to be that you would get a real
tenor guitar or the "tenor guitar experience" by these attempts.
I don't know of any such manufacturers. Good luck in your quest.
To Ottavio:

Knight Guitars in Surrey could make you a proper purpose-built tenor
guitar to order. Archtop or flat-top as you prefer.

But it wouldn't be £50!

All you'll get for £50 is a £50 guitar.

Is that what you want?

<https://www.knight-guitars.com/>
Ottavio Caruso
2023-07-31 10:37:36 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by gtr
Post by Ottavio Caruso
[...]
A custom made tenor would probably run in the £1000s. But I'll give them
a call. Thanks.
Ottavio Caruso
JNugent

And Knight Guitars is hereby recommended.
Tony Mike
2023-08-21 01:58:38 UTC

https://alphaspirituality.com
https://alphaspirituality.com/product/purple-mdma/